Charlotte, NC, Mar. 18, 2020 – As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic evolves quickly, we’re reminded of how critical our country’s network infrastructure is to the health and safety of our citizens, the operations of our customers and our society in general. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of our employees while at the same time maintaining our high-level of service and network reliability for our customers.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY AND NETWORK PERFORMANCE
Segra has assembled a cross-functional leadership team to closely monitor the changes caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and we’ve taken the necessary steps to minimize the impact on our customers and employees. Segra has planned for a wide variety of emergencies, including pandemics, and we have activated critical elements of our Business Continuity Plan to meet our service level commitments and to support first responders, hospitals and healthcare facilities as a top priority, if needed.
Key features of the plan are as follows:
- Structured on five levels of emergency operating conditions with a comprehensive response for each level to ensure network stability and performance
- Focused on uninterrupted service of core routing and switching platforms at all Segra sites
- Accounts for a relocation of Segra’s Network Operating Center (NOC) to an identified standby facility if necessary
- Drafted in partnership with state and local governments and national agencies
- Communicated throughout Segra, updated routinely and contains the information and protocol to quickly restore operational service in the event of a serious disruption of network services.
OPERATIONS AND FACILITIES
We’ve stepped up our operations so our customers continue to receive the service they need when they need it. We’ve also implemented workplace changes for the health and safety of our employees, customers and partners.
- We’ve augmented our network to meet the expected increase in demand by businesses relying on a greater number of remote users
- Our supply chain team is working with our technology partners to minimize any impact in sourcing and receiving critical equipment
- We have activated our remote work policy for the health and safety of our employees while continuing to effectively serve our customers
- Access to mission-critical facilities such as data centers and colocation spaces are restricted to required personnel only. Customers and partners wanting access to these facilities should work with their Segra representative for authorization and scheduling
- To assist us in reducing the risk of exposure, we ask that customers and partners visiting our facilities follow the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
WE’RE HERE TO SERVE YOU
As always, we’re here to ensure that our service and network allows you to meet the needs of your employees and customers. If you need to enable your employees to work remotely while still having access to all corporate online resources, or rely on conferencing services to facilitate remote communications, we are here to help. You can always reach us at 833.GO.SEGRA or email@example.com.
Your connectivity is more important than ever and Segra is committed to keeping you connected during this critical time.