Cox Communications To Acquire Segra’s Commercial Enterprise And Carrier Business

Acquisition to accelerate Segra’s long-term strategy, meet growing demand for broadband infrastructure ATLANTA and CHARLOTTE, NC – April 27, 2021 – Cox Communications has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Charlotte, N.C.-based Segra, one of the largest privately-held fiber infrastructure providers in the U.S. Cox will acquire Segra’s commercial services segment, which is a

Learn More

Segra Announces New Contract with Virginia Beach Schools to Provide Connectivity and Security

New Agreement for Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) and Distributed Denial of Services (DDoS) mitigation will also enable 16 Tidewater school systems to purchase services from Segra Charlotte, NC, APRIL 5, 2021 – Today, Segra, one of the largest independent fiber infrastructure bandwidth companies in the Eastern U.S., announced that it was awarded a contract by

Learn More

DISH secures fiber for 5G network, signs agreements with Everstream, Segra, Uniti, Zayo

Englewood, CO – November 30, 2020 — DISH announced today that it has signed agreements with four fiber vendors, Everstream, Segra, Uniti and Zayo, giving DISH fronthaul and backhaul support to connect its 5G network to sites covering approximately 60 million Americans. With these agreements, DISH gains access to fiber coast-to-coast, providing it the coverage,

Learn More

US Ignite And Segra Select Greensboro As Newest Smart Gigabit Community

Greensboro Will Accelerate Innovation District Initiatives To Drive Economic Development As Part Of The International Smart City Program Charlotte, NC – November 12, 2020 – Segra, a fiber infrastructure communications provider based in Charlotte, in conjunction with US Ignite, a non-profit organization seeking to accelerate the smart city movement, announce the selection of Greensboro, NC

Learn More

Loudoun County Public Schools Select Segra For Wide Area Network (WAN) Services

World-Class Fiber Network Increases Reliability and Performance at a Critical Time for Online Learning and Virtual Classrooms Charlotte, NC – November 9, 2020 – Segra, one of the largest independent fiber network companies in the Eastern U.S., announced today that Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS), serving the third largest county in Virginia, selected Segra to

Learn More

Segra Establishes Endowment Fund to Provide Scholarships for FSU Students

Charlotte, N.C. , September 22, 2020 – Segra, one of the largest independent fiber network companies in the Eastern U.S., and namesake of Segra Stadium, home to the Fayetteville Woodpeckers minor league baseball team, has established an endowed scholarship with Fayetteville State University (FSU). The $30,000 scholarship, matched by Title III Funds for a total

Learn More

Segra Appoints Tanya Clark Robinson as Chief People Officer and Bruce Dyke as Chief Information Officer

Charlotte, NC, Sept. 1, 2020 – Segra, one of the largest fiber infrastructure network companies in the Eastern U.S., announced today the appointment of Tanya Clark Robinson as Chief People Officer and Bruce Dyke as Chief Information Officer. Both are new positions in the company as Segra builds further organizational depth in order to accommodate

Learn More

DRaaS Provides Business Continuity During Hurricane Season and Throughout the Year

Charlotte, NC, August 19, 2020 – Disaster recovery and business continuity plans are critical for any business, and are particularly important during hurricane season. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association’s Climate Prediction Center predicts “… a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season and only a 10% chance of

Learn More

Segra Appoints Jason Campbell As Chief Operating Officer

Charlotte, NC, August 12, 2020 – Segra, one of the largest fiber infrastructure network companies in the Eastern U.S., announced today the appointment of Jason Campbell to the role of Chief Operating Officer. With extensive management experience in the industry, Campbell brings valuable leadership to Segra’s executive team during a period of rapid growth. As

Learn More

Segra Launches Enterprise-Grade Remote Office LAN

Businesses Can Seamlessly Provide Remote Workers a Local Network Experience with In-Office Security and Reliability Charlotte, NC, June 30, 2020 – Segra, one of the largest fiber infrastructure network companies in the Eastern U.S., announced today the launch of a new enterprise-grade remote office service – Segra’s Remote Office LAN. Rapidly changing workforce dynamics have

Learn More