General Prohibitions: Seller prohibits use of the IP Services in any way that is unlawful, harmful to or interferes with use of Seller’s network or systems, or the network of any other provider, interferes with the use or enjoyment of services received by others, infringes intellectual property rights, results in the publication of threatening or offensive material, or constitutes Spam/E-mail/Usenet abuse, a security risk or a violation of privacy.
Failure to adhere to the rules, guidelines or agreements applicable to search engines, subscription web services, chat areas, bulletin boards, web pages, applications, or other services that are accessed via a link from a Seller-branded website or from a website that contains Seller-branded content is a violation of this AUP.
Unacceptable Behavior: The following is deemed unacceptable use or behavior by employees of companies utilizing Seller IP Services:
- visiting Internet sites that contain obscene, hateful, pornographic or otherwise illegal material,
- using the computer to perpetrate any form of fraud, or software, film or music piracy,
- using the Internet to send offensive or harassing material to other users,
- downloading commercial software or any copyrighted materials belonging to third parties, unless this download is covered or permitted under a commercial agreement or other such license,
- hacking into unauthorized areas,
- publishing defamatory and/or knowingly false material about a business entity, your colleagues and/or our customers on social networking sites, blogs, online journals, wikis or any online publishing format,
- revealing confidential information about a business entity in a personal online posting, upload or transmission including financial information and information relating to our customers, business plans, policies, staff and/or internal discussions,
- undertaking deliberate activities that waste staff effort or networked resources, OR
- introducing any form of malicious software into the Seller network.
Threatening Material or Content: IP Services shall not be used to host, post, transmit, or re-transmit any content or material (or to create a domain name or operate from a domain name), that harasses, or threatens the health or safety of others. In addition, for those IP Services that utilize Seller provided web hosting, Seller reserves the right to decline to provide such services if the content is determined by Seller to be obscene, indecent, hateful, malicious, racist, defamatory, fraudulent, libelous, treasonous, excessively violent or promoting the use of violence or otherwise harmful to others.
Unlawful Activities: IP Services shall not be used in connection with any criminal, civil or administrative violation of any applicable local, state, federal, national or international law, treaty, court order, ordinance, regulation or administrative rule.
Violation of Intellectual Property Rights: IP Services shall not be used to publish, submit/receive upload/download, post, use, copy or otherwise reproduce, transmit, re- transmit, distribute or store any content/material or to engage in any activity that infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates the intellectual property rights or privacy or publicity rights of Seller or any individual, group or entity, including but not limited to any rights protected by any copyright, patent, trademark laws, trade secret, trade dress, right of privacy, right of publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property right now known or later recognized by statute, judicial decision or regulation.
Inappropriate Interaction with Minors: Seller complies with all applicable laws pertaining to the protection of minors, including when appropriate, reporting cases of child exploitation to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
Child Pornography: IP Services shall not be used to publish, submit/receive, upload/download, post, use, copy or otherwise produce, transmit, distribute or store child pornography. Suspected violations of this prohibition may be reported to Seller through its customer service contact number. Seller will report any discovered violation of this prohibition to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and take all steps necessary to remove child pornography (or otherwise block access to the content determined to contain child pornography) from its servers.
Spam/E-mail/Usenet Abuse: Violation of applicable laws regulating e-mail services, constitute a violation of this AUP.
Spam/E-mail or Usenet abuse is prohibited using IP Services. Examples of Spam/E-mail or Usenet abuse include but are not limited to the following activities:
- sending multiple unsolicited electronic mail messages or “mail-bombing” – to one or more recipient;
- sending unsolicited commercial e-mail, or unsolicited electronic messages directed primarily at the advertising or promotion of products or services;
- sending unsolicited electronic messages with petitions for signatures or requests for charitable donations;
- sending bulk electronic messages without identifying, within the message, a reasonable means of opting out from receiving additional messages from the sender;
- sending electronic messages, files or other transmissions that exceed contracted for capacity or that create the potential for disruption of the Seller network or of the networks with which Seller interconnects, by virtue of quantity or size;
- using another site’s mail server to relay mail without the express permission of that site;
- using another computer, without authorization, to send multiple e-mail messages or to retransmit e-mail messages for the purpose of misleading recipients as to the origin or to conduct any of the activities prohibited by this AUP;
- using IP addresses that the Customer does not have a right to use;
- collecting the responses from unsolicited electronic messages;
- maintaining a site that is advertised via unsolicited electronic messages, regardless of the origin of the unsolicited electronic messages;
- sending messages that are harassing or malicious, or otherwise could reasonably be predicted to interfere with another party’s quiet enjoyment of the IP Services or the Internet (e.g., through language, frequency, or size;
- using distribution lists containing addresses that include those who have opted out;
- sending electronic messages that do not accurately identify the sender, the sender’s return address, the e-mail address of origin, or other information contained in the subject line or header;
- falsifying packet header, sender, or user information whether in whole or in part to mask the identity of the sender, originator or point of origin;
- posting a message to more than ten (10) online forums or newsgroups, that could reasonably be expected to generate complaints;
- intercepting, redirecting or otherwise interfering or attempting to interfere with e-mail intended for third parties;
- knowingly deleting any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in a file that the user mails or sends;
- using, distributing, advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, including, but not limited to, the facilitation of the means to spam.