Lifeline Assistance is a federal benefit that helps eligible individuals pay for basic local telephone and broadband service. An eligible customer may receive the Lifeline discount on either a wireline, wireless, or qualifying broadband, but the discount is available for only one of these connections per household. Lifeline is non-transferable. Eligible customers can receive up to $9.25 per month in Lifeline discounts.
You may qualify for this Plan if you participate in one or more of the following Federal or State Assistance Programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Plan (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Household Income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Program (new)
Additional information about the Lifeline discount program can be found