Lifeline Assistance is a federal benefit that helps eligible individuals pay for basic local telephone and broadband service. An eligible customer may receive the Lifeline discount on either a wireline, wireless, or qualifying broadband, but the discount is available for only one of these connections per household. Lifeline is non-transferable. Eligible customers can receive up to $9.25 per month in Lifeline discounts.
You may qualify for this Plan if you participate in one or more of the following Federal or State Assistance Programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Plan (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Household Income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Program (new)
Additional information about the Lifeline discount program can be found
at WWW.LIFELINESUPPORT.ORG. After accessing the website, click on the
Lifeline tab. Next, click on the Lifeline Program link and under Quick Links click on Eligible for Lifeline Benefits?